How to Delete or Cancel PointsBet Account
It is impossible to “delete” a PointsBet sports betting account. You can deactivate the account but it will not technically be deleted. The reason for this is the welcome bonus. PointsBet will keep your information on file to prevent a customer from closing an account and then reopening a new account and receiving another welcome bonus.
You can place yourself on a “problem gambling” list with the company if you are having difficulties with sports betting. Each state has its own rules and it is best to contact customer service for the steps to take.
To Deactivate an Account Using Email.
Contact with our Customer Support team email (email@example.com). It’s available 24/7 via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone number (1-833-338-PBET).
When contacting customer support have your login ID available but do not enter your password in the email. Wait for customer support to contact you. No reason is required to close your account. The account will not be deleted and can be reactivated at anytime by contacting customer support.
When writing your email. Use “Close PointsBet Sports Betting Account” in the title of the email. This will give you a record of the time and date you asked to close your account.
Once an account is closed and you have received all of your funds in the account. The next step is to delete the account of the Google & Apple stores. Login to the store that you used to download the app and cancel your subscription. Once you have done this you can now delete your app from your phone.
Use the Deactivate Button in Your Account
If you wish to temporarily close your account, go to the My Account section while logged in and select the Deactivate Account button as shown below. You will then be prompted to enter your password in order to finalize the account closure.
Note: The account is Deactivated and can be reactivated by contacting customer service.
How can I reopen my closed PointsBet account?
If you wish to reopen your closed account, please get in contact with our Customer Support team customer service. It’s available 24/7 via email (email@example.com) or telephone number (1-833-338-PBET).
Please note that if you have permanently self-excluded your PointsBet account, it will not be able to be reopened by Customer Support Team.
About PointsBet Sportsbook
PointsBet Sportsbook: From Down Under to a Rising Star in US Betting
While relatively new to the American scene, PointsBet Sportsbook has quickly made a name for itself in the ever-evolving landscape of US sports betting. Its unique “PointsBetting” feature, combined with its Australian roots and strategic partnerships, has positioned it as a rising star in the industry. So, grab your lucky charm and delve into the story of PointsBet, from its humble beginnings to its present-day ambitions in the competitive US market.
Australian Origins and PointsBetting Innovation (2017-2018):
- 2017: Founded in Australia by two experienced gaming executives, Matthew Tripp and Nick Crocker, PointsBet launches its sportsbook platform, offering traditional fixed-odds bets alongside its innovative “PointsBetting” feature. This unique system allows users to win or lose more depending on the margin of victory in their chosen matchup, adding an extra layer of excitement and risk to the betting experience.
- 2018-2019: PointsBet quickly gains traction in Australia, capturing a significant share of the market with its engaging platform and PointsBetting feature. This early success paves the way for international expansion.
Landing in the US: Challenges and Initial Growth (2019-2021):
- January 2019: PointsBet sets its sights on the US, launching its first operations in New Jersey, one of the first states to legalize sports betting after the Supreme Court decision. The focus on PointsBetting and strategic partnerships with local media outlets attract early adopters.
- 2020-2021: Expansion continues, with PointsBet entering Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, and Virginia. However, navigating the complex and varied legal landscape across different states proves challenging.
- 2021: Amidst the pandemic, PointsBet leverages its online platform to capitalize on increased demand for online entertainment, further establishing its presence in the growing US market.
Consolidation Attempts and Continued Expansion (2022-Present):
- 2022: Seeking to solidify its market share, PointsBet proposes a $11.6 billion merger with DraftKings, another major player in the US sports betting scene. The deal ultimately falls through due to antitrust concerns, highlighting the intense competition within the industry.
- 2023-Present: Undeterred by the failed merger, PointsBet continues its expansion plans, securing licenses in Ohio, Maryland, and New York – major markets that promise significant growth potential. Strategic partnerships with NBC Sports and NBA franchises further enhance brand recognition and reach.
Beyond Sports Betting: Diversification and Innovation (2023-Present):
- Present: Recognizing the potential beyond sports betting, PointsBet launches its online casino platform in Michigan and New Jersey, offering users a more comprehensive gaming experience. Partnerships with iconic brands like the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa demonstrate their ambition to become a multifaceted entertainment destination.
- Future: PointsBet remains committed to innovation, investing in artificial intelligence, personalized user experiences, and iGaming expansion (poker, table games) to stay ahead of the curve in the dynamic US market.
Key Milestones and Impact:
- PointsBetting Adoption: Despite being a newcomer, PointsBet has managed to establish its unique PointsBetting feature as a popular alternative to traditional fixed-odds betting in the US market.
- Strategic Partnerships: Collaborations with media outlets, sports teams, and entertainment brands have significantly boosted PointsBet’s brand recognition and access to new audiences.
- Growth Trajectory: In a short period, PointsBet has secured a foothold in several key US markets, positioning itself as a potential contender in the future of sports betting.
Challenges and Outlook:
- Competition: The US sports betting market remains fiercely competitive, with established players and new entrants vying for market share.
- Regulation: Navigating the complex and ever-evolving regulatory landscape across different states requires constant adaptation.
- Maintaining Relevance: As the market matures, PointsBet needs to continue innovating its offerings and user experience to maintain its unique appeal and attract new users.
The journey of PointsBet Sportsbook is just beginning. As it continues to expand its reach, innovate its platform, and leverage strategic partnerships, its success will depend on its ability to navigate the competitive US market, maintain its unique identity, and adapt to the changing needs of sports fans. Whether it becomes a major player or remains a niche alternative, PointsBet’s story serves as a fascinating example of how an emerging brand can make a mark in the dynamic world of US sports betting.